Friday, February 20, 2009

Web/D&AD













Onda: Really, really a great award for design industry! I think many of you have seen this award (annual) before, me too. But it's my first time to reach their website.

But be careful, when you start get into this website, I'm afraid you are not easy to get out, as it's really, really a huge information pool for us to looking for some(or i can say: many ^^) great or powerful advertising in different format such as graphics, website, events, games too. Have a great time with it, just for sharing! Hope you enjoy it~ and the last thing, I love the layout design of their website too, that's my favour style!

www.dandad.org/


*     *     *
These are my selected ad in 2008 online annual.

#01 Nomination in Press Advertising/Beauty











Art Director: Grant Parker/ Joanna Wenley
Designer: Dan Borad/ Mary Lam
Copywriter: Grant Parker/ Joanna Wenley
Photographer: Chris Craymer/ Wayne Parker/ Beate Sonnenberg
Typographer: Oliver Watts
Creative Director: Adam Tucker
Art Buyer: Helen McEwan/ Daniel Moorey/ Patrica Niven
Planner: Elisa Edmonds
Account Handler: Philip Heimann
Retoucher: Mark Doherty
Advertising Agency: DDB London
Marketing Director: Julia Bowe
Marketing Manager: Fran Page
Client: Harvey Nichols
Brand: Wonderful Life

Onda: Wow, a long list. But I know that there are 
many and many people still not on the list(I mean the small roles working in project) even the ad looked simple in visual. I chosen this because I love the ideas(which i guess/get from the poster only~) that using wearing to represent the age/look/mental changing in different ages. Truly love it. The concept is so touching for me.(may be I getting older and older now -.-) And I found there are some roles like Art Buyer, Planner, Retoucher which I haven't heard before. But, until this moment, I still want to be the role called "designer" (this is my target!). Hope I can be more confident to say I want to be "art director" in the future :) What do you think about it?

#02_Press Advertising/ Inserts & Leaflets/ Before-After













"The Mexican Red Cross wanted to raise awareness among the Mexican people of the importance of donating their corneas. Corneal transplantation is the most practiced transplant procedure in the country. We decided to address this subject with magazine inserts embossed in Braille. The ads featured the old before and after concept with a small sensorial twist: the word 'before' was written in Braille. This made people pause and really consider corneal donation."

Art Director: Esteban Sacco/ Manuel Techera
Copywriter: Gabriel Bello/ Enrique Codesido/ Ignacio Zuccarino
Creative Director: Enrique Codesido/ Esteban Sacco/ Manuel Techera/ Ignacio Zuccarino
Advertising Agency: JWT Mexico
Brand Manager: Victor Valle
Client: Cruz Roja Mexicana
Brand: Cruz Roja Mexicana

Onda: This kind of ad always impressive me that I will remember the concept in my long term memory. With simple visual element, but strong message, and you are only guide to read the concept behind, but not told by graphics directly. Great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment